Thursday, January 24, 2008

Adjusting to our new life.

Yes...I feel like I am already slacking in the blog world. It has been over a week since my last post. It is hard to find time to even get to the computer these days. Gracie had her Dr. appointment last week... all tests are good, except she had giardia. We completed her course of Flagyll on Wednesday. We will check again in one month. She is just a joy... we are so happy. We call her "doodie". This started from all her poops she had early on. We would ask her if she went doodie. So she now has gotten the name of doodie or dooders. She is getting so big. She likes to eat every 3 max of 4 hours and is taking 6 ounces at a clip. We started cereal last week and added green beans this week. She has not been real keen with this but is starting to accept her food. We had to do the cereal in the mouth and then stick the bottle in her mouth as soon as possible trick. I recall doing this with Owen. She is smiling and babbling and grabbing for everything. The kids love her and are great with her. Wyatt is learning to read and read his first book to me without my help a couple of nights ago. This is my first born baby reading!! I can't believe it. I am so proud of him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless your little baby!!! We are also adopting with AGCI. We are 15 on girls and 13 on boys. Hope Gracie is feeling better.

The Redman's said...

Yeah- a new post and picture!! Sorry to hear Gracie was sick. Hope she's feeling better and that things continue to go well in the adjustment department. It takes a little time with other young ones home. :)

Sweet, sweet picture!

-Suzi

Michael and Michelle said...

She is so cute, she looks like a "toy" doll!!! What a perfect face. God sure makes beautiful children!!
God bless,
Michelle

Laurzie said...

So sweet! I remember all those first feedings tricks, too. :) And congrats to Wyatt for reading! Yea!