Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Soleburner 2008




In memory of my mother we ran in the Soleburner the day before Mother's day. My mother, Mary, lost her battle with ovarian cancer when she was 44 years old. My life is in some ways a tribute to her... for all she has done for me. Wyatt and Owen did so well and were so excited to get the goody bag and the end of their 1k. Me...on the otherhand...well, I finished but I didn't feel the best. Of course that probably has nothing to do with the fact that I trained for about 2 weeks prior to the event. That's alright though. I was happy to have finished.

2 comments:

Kristi J said...

What a sweet blog! Thank you for sharing your story. I am adopting from Ethiopia and someone sent me your blog. I have 4 bio kids and this will make my 5th. Your children are beautiful and we can't wait to meet our new daughter. Thanks,
Kristi Johnson
www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com

A Team said...

WOW...
I am so sorry about your mom. I lost my mom when she was 58. I miss her so much.


So great to see all the updates on your blog :-)

Tracie